Employment and unemployment
Labour Account Australia, Quarterly Estimates
- Total number of jobs increased 0.5% (73,100) in trend terms.
- Total number of employed persons increased 0.3% in trend terms.
- Job vacancies increased by 4,400 in trend terms.
- Hours actually worked increased to 0.5% in trend terms.
Labour Force, Australia
Seasonally adjusted estimates for April 2020:
- Unemployment rate increased to 6.2%.
- Participation rate decreased to 63.5%.
- Employment decreased to 12,418,700.
- Employment to population ratio decreased to 59.6%.
- Underemployment rate increased to 13.7%.
- Monthly hours worked decreased to 1,626 million hours.
Labour Account Australia, Experimental Estimates
- Over the six years to June 2016, filled jobs grew by 6.9%.
- Over the same period, the number of employed persons increased by 6.8%.
- Over the six years to June 2016, hours actually worked increased by 5.7%.
- Total labour income increased over the six years to June 2016 by 21.5%.