Earnings and work hours
Average Weekly Earnings, Australia
- Full-time adult average weekly earnings rose by 3.2% to $1,658.70.
- Male average weekly earnings: $1,921.00 (public), and $1,718.20 (private).
- Female average weekly earnings: $1,715.00 (public), $1,423.00 (private).
- The mining industry had the highest average weekly earnings at $2,616.90.
Characteristics of Employment, Australia
- Median employee earnings was $1,100 per week, up by 2.3% since August 2018.
- More employed people had access to flexible hours, while fewer usually worked overtime or were on call.
- Independent contractors were most likely to work in Construction or Professional, scientific and technical services.
Employee Earnings and Hours, Australia
- Median weekly earnings were $1,110 for all employees, $1,463 for full-time employees and $577 for part-time employees.
- Individual arrangements was the most common method of setting pay (41.1%), followed by collective agreements (37.9%) and award only (21.0%).