Price indexes and inflation
Residential Property Price Indexes: Eight Capital Cities
Weighted average of the eight capital cities Residential Property Price Index:
- rose 1.6% this quarter.
- rose 7.4% over the last twelve months.
The total value of residential dwellings in Australia rose to $7,237.1b this quarter.
Wage Price Index, Australia
- The seasonally adjusted WPI rose 0.5% this quarter.
- The seasonally adjusted WPI rose 2.1% over the year to March 2020.
- The seasonally adjusted Private sector rose 0.5% this quarter.
- The seasonally adjusted Public sector rose 0.6% this quarter.
International Trade Price Indexes, Australia
- Import price index fell 1.0% this quarter but rose 0.9% through the year.
- Export price index rose 2.7% this quarter and 2.3% through the year.
- The Australian dollar depreciated against the United Sates dollar.
- The exchange rate had an upward effect on import and export prices.